Saturday, July 11, 2026

50

 July 21, 2026, my husband is turning 50 years old.  We are having a party for him to celebrate his turning 1/2 a century.  He will be surrounded by his family and friends who love him the most.  Two people will be missing from the celebration, who should still be here!  As we continue to mourn the passing of his mom, we shall also be mourning the passing of my father, who recently passed away.

We went through our first fathers day without my dad, our first 4th of July and his birthday.  As the year progresses we will have our first Thanksgiving and Christmas without him too.  It feels unreal to have lost Billy's mom who was in her early 60s, and to have gone through several of her birthdays, death days, and all the holidays without her.  She would have been the key player in helping me plan the 50th birthday of her Favorite Son!  I can't help but feel sad and emotional about what we are missing out on, and what they are missing out on.  I know that God has a bigger plan for us all, and I hope that I am able to be strong as I move towards my firsts without my father and my 5th and 6ths with out my beautiful mother-in-law!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.